Grilled Tomatillo Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub the grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatillos, lime juice, jalapenos and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 3. Serve tomatillo mixture and chicken with rice; dollop with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup tomatillo mixture (calculated without rice and sour cream) equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.