Grilled Tilapia with Raspberry Chipotle Chutney Recipe
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the raspberries, broth, honey, vinegar, chipotle peppers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle fillets with remaining salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with chutney. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup chutney equals 277 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.