Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa for 2 Recipe
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, onion, green pepper, cilantro, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne. Chill until serving.
- 2. Combine oil and remaining lime juice; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings (1/2 cup salsa).
1 fillet with 1/4 cup salsa equals 137 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.