Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette for Two Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 3 teaspoons basil, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon peel; set aside 1 tablespoon for sauce. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining vinaigrette.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet equals 206 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.