“We aren’t big fish eaters, but a friend made this for us, and we couldn’t believe how wonderful it was! Now we eat it regularly. It’s simple, looks lovely and tastes restaurant-worthy.” Beth Cooper - Columbus, Ohio
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 3 teaspoons basil, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon peel; set aside 1 tablespoon for sauce. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining vinaigrette.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette for Two in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review