Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons basil, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon peel; set aside 2 tablespoons for sauce. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining vinaigrette.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Sort By :
"One word... WOW!"
"We grilled the Tilipia by putting foil on the grill then spraying the foil. There was extra vinaigrette so I added to my cooked portion & it was good."
"My husband thought our tilapia filets were too delicate to put on the grill (they were under 6 oz each), so I broiled them. The recipe said I could do that, right? :-) I think grilling would be a much better option, and will make them that way next time. Also, I am very used to using bottled lemon juice and have never minded it before ... but somehow it really stood out as kind of bitter and sour in this recipe. So, next time I will also use fresh lemon juice. I watch enough cooking shows to know that I should allways use fresh lemon juice, but I get lazy sometimes. Still, a very enjoyable recipe. Thank you for submitting it."
"Excellent, Easy, Entire family enjoyed it. Even made it camping. Healthy to boot."
"Super easy to make and very flavorful. I broiled versus grilled and it turned out great. Definitely a redo."