Grilled Tilapia Piccata Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk lemon peel, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in capers and 2 tablespoons basil. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for drizzling cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tilapia, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 206 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Tilapia Piccata
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.