Grilled Tilapia Piccata for Two Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk lemon peel, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in 3 teaspoons basil and capers. Reserve 1 tablespoon mixture for drizzling over cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tilapia, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 206 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Tilapia Piccata for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.