- 6 large potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Divide the potatoes and onions equally between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella; sprinkle over potatoes and onions. Top with bacon, butter, chives, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring opposite ends of foil together over filling and fold down several times. Fold unsealed ends toward filling and crimp tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the grill. Open foil carefully and sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Three-Cheese Potatoes
"Omitted the bacon - and you can even cut down on the cheese and these are still good."
"These were great! I made them in the oven with ham. The whole family loved them. I only used half of a large sweet onion as my daughter does not like onions and they were still very tasty. I think I will microwave the potatoes first next time as they took over an hour in the oven for the potatoes to get done. I also will try them on the grill! Thanks for sharing!"
"If anyone has cooked this in the oven, did you cover it or leave it open? I am looking forward to trying this dish."
"I added sliced mushrooms as well as onions on top. Everyone loved this side dish. Seems to go well with any meat cooked on the grill."
"I chunked up the potatoes and microwaved for 5 minutes before preparing the foil packets. I forgot to spray the foil. I omitted the onion and added a couple tablespoons of fresh chives from the garden. I forgot salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Due to the microwave pre-cooking, they were done in less than 30 minutes. They came out crunchy around the edges and absolutely delicious!! Will do this again and again."
"This sounds like a good idea for barbecues. Just leave out the meat then you have something hot for the vegetarians. The parcels are also small enough to make use of the oven floor when cooking cakes or other things. Will definitely try this."
"Very good! I baked it in the oven as well. The family asked when I was going to make it again. I did a few changes, cubed ham instead of bacon. Also I didn't use salt ( plenty in the cheese) . It is definitely a keeper. :)"
"We cooked this like a casserole, and it was fabulous!"
"Great addition to cook with your grilled meat. Potatoes topped with onion, bacon and cheesy deliciousness, who wouldn't love it?"
"Wonderful!!!! I will try not to overdue the seasoned salt, as I normally over salt things, but this is a very easy and super cheesy recipe! Halved it for just my husband and I, and had plenty of leftovers. They heat up pretty easily. We just re-wrapped them in the foil, refrigerated them, and then just threw the package in the oven to warm up. Almost tasted better the next day!"