Grilled Thighs and Drumsticks Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 10 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour into two large resealable plastic bags; add equal amounts of chicken to each bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. Grill chicken skin side down, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Grilled Thighs and Drumsticks
"This was a great marinade. I cut it in half and used about 5 boneless chicken breasts (still had way too much marinade!). I reserved some of the marinade to use for basting during grilling, and it came out very moist and flavorful."
"This is sooooo good! The flavor is out of this world! We had it with TOH's Old Fashioned Potato Salad and Country Baked Beans. Oh my gosh, the flavors compliment each other so well. Try it all together!!!"
"This chicken marinade is the best. It's like having the barbecue sauce infused into the meat. It's great for a large crowd and very kid friendly. I've made this for several cookouts and always to rave reviews. You won't be disappointed!"
"I made only half of this recipe and it turned out great. The marinade gives the chicken a great flavor when it is first cooked, but when I reheated the leftovers it helped to brush it with a little barbecue sauce."
"I used this recipe for some legs and wings I took camping with me. It kept in the cooler very well, and was very tasty!!"
"Very tasty marinade. We have made this twice with excellent results (although we did make only 1/4 of the recipe for the two of us)."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.