Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Mixed salad greens, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk teriyaki sauce and syrup. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 3. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade. If desired, serve over lettuce salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
"Super fast and easy lunch. Cooked it on a grill pan about 5 min each side."
"I modified the recipe to use in the broiler...cook for 5 minutes and then basted frequently for another 8-10 minutes. I also let it marinate for about 48 hours...had lots of good flavor!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.