Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
The super-fast marinade for this salmon recipe from Lenita Schafer of Princeton, Massachusetts combines maple syrup and teriyaki sauce which also creates a delicious sweet-and-sour glaze. She relates, “The salmon stays extremely moist and is really yummy.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, whisk teriyaki sauce and syrup. Pour 1 cup marinade
- into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn
- to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat
- lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-12
- minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork,
- basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.