The super-fast marinade for this salmon recipe from Lenita Schafer of Princeton, Massachusetts combines maple syrup and teriyaki sauce which also creates a delicious sweet-and-sour glaze. She relates, “The salmon stays extremely moist and is really yummy.”
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Mixed salad greens, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk teriyaki sauce and syrup. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade. If desired, serve over lettuce salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Salmon in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review