Grilled Teriyaki Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside half of the sauce for serving; keep warm.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, mushrooms and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with remaining sauce and turning once.
- 3. Place a tomato on the end of each kabob. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until tomatoes are heated through, turning occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Grilled Teriyaki Pork Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.