Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
"This received rave reviews from my family. Very tasty. Nice teriyaki flavor without being overwhelming."
"YUM! Nice flavor. Doubled everything for the 1 1/2 lbs chicken we had home.~ Theresa"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.