Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
“This is so tasty, my husband insists it could be served in a restaurant,” promises Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour
- into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 196 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now