- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
"This received rave reviews from my family. Very tasty. Nice teriyaki flavor without being overwhelming."
"YUM! Nice flavor. Doubled everything for the 1 1/2 lbs chicken we had home.~ Theresa"