Grilled Tender Flank Steak
This marinated steak is so moist that it will become one of your favorite ways to serve beef. You can even prepare it on the grill. It easily can be cut into thin slices.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon
- juice, honey and garlic; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat or grill over
- medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice steak
- across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 186 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab