Grilled Tarragon Chicken
Just a few simple seasonings is all that's needed to make grilled chicken moist and tasty. Mustard and tarragon make great combination.—Janie Thorpe, Tullahoma, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Grill: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread mustard on both sides of chicken; sprinkle with pepper. Cover
- and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Combine butter, lemon juice,
- tarragon and garlic salt. Grill chicken over hot heat until juices
- run clear, basting with butter mixture during last 3-5 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 222 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.