Grilled T-Bone Steaks
Grilling brings out the robust flavor of this steak marinade shared by Beth Wenger of Dayton, Virginia. “Enjoy it while camping or at home,” she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1-inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.