Grilling brings out the robust flavor of this steak marinade shared by Beth Wenger of Dayton, Virginia. “Enjoy it while camping or at home,” she suggests.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1-inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled T-Bone Steaks in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled T-Bone Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"This was really good. We have already used this recipe a few times and everyone loves it when they come over to eat."