Grilling brings out the robust flavor of this steak marinade shared by Beth Wenger of Dayton, Virginia. “Enjoy it while camping or at home,” she suggests.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1-inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled T-Bone Steaks in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled T-Bone Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"This was really good. We have already used this recipe a few times and everyone loves it when they come over to eat."