Grilled Sweet Potatoes
"I love trying new recipes, so my son-in-law suggested we grill sweet potatoes," relates Lillian Neer, Long Eddy, New York. "Served with steak, they're a great change of pace from traditional baked potatoes...and pretty, too."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.); place a
- potato half on each. Spread cut side with butter. Sprinkle with
- garlic salt and pepper. Top each potato with another half. Fold foil
- over potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat
- for 30 minutes or until tender, turning once. To serve, fluff
- potatoes with a fork and drizzle with honey. Yield: 4 servings.