Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey
Sweet potato wedges are seasoned to please in this savory side dish from Gay Nel Nicholas of Henderson, Texas. "My husband and I love the sweet spuds any way they are cooked," she notes. "This recipe from a friend is not only different, it's delicious, too."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy
- sauce, sherry or juice, honey, water and garlic; pour over potatoes
- and toss gently.
- Drain sweet potatoes, reserving soy sauce mixture. Arrange sweet
- potatoes in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking
- spray. Brush potatoes with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for
- 8-10 minutes or until tender, basting with reserved soy sauce
- mixture and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242 mg sodium,