Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey Recipe
Sweet potato wedges are seasoned to please in this savory side dish from Gay Nel Nicholas of Henderson, Texas. "My husband and I love the sweet spuds any way they are cooked," she notes. "This recipe from a friend is not only different, it's delicious, too."
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or juice, honey, water and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss gently.
- 3. Drain sweet potatoes, reserving soy sauce mixture. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Brush potatoes with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, basting with reserved soy sauce mixture and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC