Sweet potato wedges are seasoned to please in this savory side dish from Gay Nel Nicholas of Henderson, Texas. "My husband and I love the sweet spuds any way they are cooked," she notes. "This recipe from a friend is not only different, it's delicious, too."
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or juice, honey, water and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss gently.
- Drain sweet potatoes, reserving soy sauce mixture. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Brush potatoes with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, basting with reserved soy sauce mixture and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p20
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review