I love when an entire meal can be cooked outside on the grill and I don't need to heat up the kitchen. These tasty fries not only meet that requirement, but they are healthy, too.—Natalie Knowlton, Kamas, Utah
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and seasonings. Serve with sweet potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges in Tailgating 2013 2013, p57
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review