- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and seasonings. Serve with sweet potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Sort By :
"These are wonderful, a sweet change of pace to white potatoes. I did not pre-boil them, 20 min on the grill & they were perfect!!"
"It was great! Mine weren't very crunchy? but still tasty."
"Made this on Friday (the day it came in my email as recipe of the day) and we loved it! My husband was not a fan of sweet potatoes, having only had the mashed holiday type recipes. Since we have been married he has been good about "just trying" foods prepared in a new way. He was very surprized at how good they were. Recipe is simple and a keeper."
"Yum! Yes, cathycraig, leave the skins on as this holds the flesh together! And flavor, too!"
"I'm certain in the photo the sweet potato is unpeeled. Directions state "Peeled wedges." ????? I would think they would fall apart peeled. Any clarification TOH? Wonderful recipe idea."