This recipe combines vibrant colors and tastes to create an unusual salad. It's an exciting accompaniment to any entree sizzling on the grill. Try it at your next cookout or picnic. —Irene Eager, Claremont, New Hampshire
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill red peppers over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the skins blister, turning frequently. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle sweet potato slices with 2 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Set remaining dressing aside. Arrange potato slices on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers; seed and coarsely chop. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, peppers, celery, onions and cilantro. Whisk the reserved dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Salad in Country Woman April/May 2009, p32
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review