Grilled Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill red peppers over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the skins blister, turning frequently. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle sweet potato slices with 2 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Set remaining dressing aside. Arrange potato slices on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers; seed and coarsely chop. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, peppers, celery, onions and cilantro. Whisk the reserved dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Salad
Sort By :
"Awesome! Made as-is."
"Will make again and again"
"I make this salad at least once a month - it is delicious! Usually I broil (or roast) the peppers and potatoes when it's too cold out to grill and the salad still comes out great!"
"My family loves this and so do I. Shallots are a good addition or sub for the garlic. It's even better the next day if it lasts that long."
"to those who don't have a grill, add some smoked paprika to your oil! This stuff is great and you don't have to worry about using liquid smoke."