My dad used to grill sweet potatoes and serve them with a simple vinaigrette. I've tweaked his recipe over the years to give this special side a little Southern twist.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Place 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, vinegar, garlic and chipotle in a blender; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; add jicama and toss to coat.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes; brush with remaining oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until slices have grill marks and are tender.
- Arrange potatoes on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, top with jicama. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potato & Jicama in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p221
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Potato & Jicama
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review