Grilled Sweet Onions Recipe
- 4 large sweet onions
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons white wine or beef broth, optional
- 1. With a sharp knife, carefully remove a 1-in. core from the center of each onion. Cut each onion into four wedges to within 1/2 in. of root end.
- 2. Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Place bouillon in the centers of onions; top with butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle with wine if desired. Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill onions, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 onion (calculated without wine or broth) equals 172 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Onions
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.