Grilled Sweet Onions with Garlic
“These onions are a summer requirement for our family. We enjoy the caramelized onions and garlic over steak or on their own.” —Raeann Van Arsdall, Corvallis, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 4 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place four onion wedges and a garlic clove on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Dot with butter and sprinkle
- with salt. Repeat.
- Fold foil around onion mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until onions are tender. Open foil
- carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 onion equals 211 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.