Since we have plenty of fresh sweet corn available in our area, we use this recipe often in summer. Parsley, chili powder and cumin accent the corn's just-picked flavor. —Connie Lou Hollister, Lake Odessa, Michigan
Recommended: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
- 8 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Drain corn; carefully peel back husks to within 1 in. of bottoms and remove silk. Spread corn with butter mixture; rewrap in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning often. To serve, cut string and peel back husks. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Corn in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p19
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review