Grilled Sweet Corn Recipe
"Since we have plenty of fresh sweet corn available in our area, we use this recipe often in summer," writes Connie Lou Hollister of Lake Odessa, Michigan. "Parsley, chili powder and cumin accent the corn's just-picked flavor."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 large ears sweet corn in husk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a large kettle; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- 2. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat, for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC