"Since we have plenty of fresh sweet corn available in our area, we use this recipe often in summer," writes Connie Lou Hollister of Lake Odessa, Michigan. "Parsley, chili powder and cumin accent the corn's just-picked flavor."
Recommended: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
- 8 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Drain corn; carefully peel back husks to within 1 in. of bottoms and remove silk. Spread corn with butter mixture; rewrap in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning often. To serve, cut string and peel back husks. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Corn in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p19
Reviews for Grilled Sweet Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review