Grilled Summer Veggies Recipe
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, vinegar, parsley, lemon-pepper and Cajun seasoning. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain. Arrange vegetables on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 61 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.