Grilled Summer Veggies
After tasting a delicious mix of vegetables that a friend threw together and grilled, I went home and came up with a similar medley that I really like. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing,
- vinegar, parsley, lemon-pepper and Cajun seasoning. Add the
- vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes;
- drain. Arrange vegetables on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 61 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.