After tasting a delicious mix of vegetables that a friend threw together and grilled, I went home and came up with a similar medley that I really like. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, vinegar, parsley, lemon-pepper and Cajun seasoning. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain. Arrange vegetables on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Summer Veggies in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p37
Reviews for Grilled Summer Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review