Grilled Summer Vegetable Medley Recipe
This side dish is our favorite way to fix summer vegetables. Cleanup is a breeze because it cooks in foil. It goes from garden to table in under an hour, and makes a great accompaniment to grilled steak or chicken. — Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 large ears fresh corn on the cob, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, parsley and basil. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until corn is tender, turning once. Open carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 172 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC