Grilled Summer Squash Recipe
Grilling food in foil packets creates steam so food cooks in its own juices, which makes the contents flavorful and lower in fat. Best of all: no cleanup! —Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foils carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC