Fire up the grill and get out of the kitchen to make these juicy, tasty kabobs, submitted by Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. Whether served over pound cake or over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, you'll be glad that grilling isn't just for meat and veggies.
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
- 1 medium peach, cut into wedges
- 1 medium nectarine, cut into wedges
- 1 medium plum, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Pound cake and whipped topping, optional
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruits. In a small saucepan, heat preserves and butter over medium heat until butter is melted; set aside 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender, turning and basting with remaining preserves
- Serve with cake and whipped topping if desired and reserved sauce. Yield: 2 kabobs.
Originally published as Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p26
Reviews for Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review