Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 1 medium peach, cut into wedges
- 1 medium nectarine, cut into wedges
- 1 medium plum, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Pound cake and whipped topping, optional
- 1. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruits. In a small saucepan, heat preserves and butter over medium heat until butter is melted; set aside 1/4 cup for dipping.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender, turning and basting with remaining preserves
- 3. mixture.
- 4. Serve with cake and whipped topping if desired and reserved sauce. Yield: 2 kabobs.
1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without cake and whipped topping) equals 269 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.