Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs
Fire up the grill and get out of the kitchen to make these juicy, tasty kabobs, submitted by Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. Whether served over pound cake or over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, you'll be glad that grilling isn't just for meat and veggies.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium peach, cut into wedges
- 1 medium nectarine, cut into wedges
- 1 medium plum, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Pound cake and whipped topping, optional
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruits. In
- a small saucepan, heat preserves and butter over medium heat until
- butter is melted; set aside 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fruit is
- tender, turning and basting with remaining preserves
- Serve with cake and whipped topping if desired and reserved sauce.
- Yield: 2 kabobs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without cake and whipped topping) equals 269 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.