Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 325 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers
"My husband seemed to really like these but I thought they were just OK. There wasn't enough flavor in the filling; maybe it needed some spices. I could have easily put all that stuff on top of a normal burger. We probably won't make this combination again."
"These were just.OK for me. I thought they could use more flavor and were a bit dry."
"We make these every couple of weeks! Everyone LOVES them and there are never any leftover. From someone who does NOT like peppers at all, I think it's a great way to sneak them in. If nothing else, it's gives my kids a taste of something they normally wouldn't get. Great recipe!"
"Picky family, and they all- with the exception of one who picked the peppers out- LOVED it!! I thought it was so easy, and doens't even really need any condiments. This has been added to the menu, and we eat it about once a month!"
"These were pretty good. I don't think they needed the red pepper. I think more cheese in the middle would have been great."
"These are go GOOD!! Even heated up as a leftover!!"
"This recipe was a hit at our last cookout.... EVERYONE loved it... even the "manly men who only eat BEEF!" This one is a big time KEEPER!"
"very good recipe and easy to make"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.