Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers
You'll get a burst of flavor with every bite of these hearty burgers. Not a fan of ground turkey? This recipe will absolutely change your mind! —Megan Crow, Lincoln, Nebraska
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red
- pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining
- patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and
- juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 325 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as