You'll get a burst of flavor with every bite of these hearty burgers. Not a fan of ground turkey? This recipe will absolutely change your mind! —Megan Crow, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p55
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review