- 1 whole salmon (8 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Remove head and tail from salmon if desired. Sprinkle the cavity with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, carrots, mushrooms, onion, parsley, 1/4 cup butter, egg substitute, 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; stuff cavity. Secure with metal skewers. Drizzle salmon with oil. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place salmon over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 40-50 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer reads 165° for stuffing.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining butter and lemon juice. Serve with salmon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Stuffed Salmon in Country Woman June/July 2008, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >