Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup medium picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir until honey is dissolved. Divide the sauce into two small bowls; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, brown pork until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each chop, forming a pocket. Stuff with sausage; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. Brush each side with Italian dressing.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°, basting twice with sauce from one bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce from second bowl. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 503 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 827 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer