- 1 cup medium picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir until honey is dissolved. Divide the sauce into two small bowls; set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, brown pork until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each chop, forming a pocket. Stuff with sausage; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. Brush each side with Italian dressing.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°, basting twice with sauce from one bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce from second bowl. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops
"These were really great! Making them again!"
"These pork chops are terrific! However, because they are so thick and you have the sausage in the middle, be very careful not to overcook them. I found the best method was to grill them for 5 minutes on each side directly over the flame, and then use the indirect method until they are cooked. It takes a little longer, but the results are well worth it!"