Living in Texas, where summers get warm, I do a lot of cooking on the grill. I think you'll enjoy the one-of-a-kind combination of stuffing and sauce in these zesty chops. —Dianne Gates, Cypress, Texas
- 1 cup medium picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir until honey is dissolved. Divide the sauce into two small bowls; set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, brown pork until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each chop, forming a pocket. Stuff with sausage; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. Brush each side with Italian dressing.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°, basting twice with sauce from one bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce from second bowl. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops in Country Pork 1996, p98
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review