Grilled Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 3 large green peppers
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- Additional shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cheeses, basil and oregano. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed pepper half equals 479 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 972 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.