Grilled Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 3 large green peppers
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- Additional shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cheeses, basil and oregano. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 40g fat (15g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 972mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Peppers
"This recipe is really easy and VERY tasty! The only thing I would change is to maybe bore a small hole in the pepper to allow for the sausage grease to drain."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.