Grilled Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spoon mushroom mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Discard foil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Form a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); cut three slits in foil. Place meat loaf on foil; place on the grill rack over drip pan.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35 minutes. Combine sauce ingredients; brush over loaf. Grill, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Meat Loaf(20)
Sort By :
I cook this in the oven at 375 on a small slotted broiler pan. I cover it for 30 minutes. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover with ketchup mix. Cook another 10 minutes. I season it with Greek seasoning and replace the oats with seasoned bread crumbs. Love this recipe! My family loves it too.
Very good recipe although I used 1 lb Italian Sausage and 1 lb ground beef. A also added 2 T fresh oregano and 1 cup grated cheese to the onion/mushroom stuffing.
OMG! This was the most tasteless waste of time! There is nothing in the meatloaf mix to lend any flavor. Ground beef, minimal salt for one and one half lbs. of ground beef, oatmeal and one egg. Where is the flavor? Families request to make it again? Why? We threw our leftovers in the garbage can.
EXCELLENT I JUST ADDED GARLIC TOO
Great idea, but rolling it seemed too complicated to do with small kids, so I mixed all the ingredients up. We don't have a grill, so I cooked it in a 7x11 pan in the oven at 350 until it was 160 degrees. It tasted okay; our other meatloaf recipe is much better, but it's hard to beat Alton Brown...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >