Grilled Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spoon mushroom mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Discard foil.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Form a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); cut three slits in foil. Place meat loaf on foil; place on the grill rack over drip pan.
- 4. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35 minutes. Combine sauce ingredients; brush over loaf. Grill, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 266 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.