- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a lengthwise slit down each pepper, leaving the stem intact; remove membranes and seeds. Fill each pepper with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place peppers in a disposable foil pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
Sort By :
"First need to say that there wasn't one left on the plate. However I gave it a four star rating because I myself could not eat another one my mouth was on fire. However everyone else didn't seem to think so. I think like one person said it's a gamble if you get a hot one or not. Someone that likes the heat this is for them. I think the spices add to the heat. My husband loved them. However please please ensure that you wear gloves when working with peppers. After washing my hands I accidently touched my eye and had to flush it iout. GLOVES are a must!"
"Had the family over they ate them before I could even get them off the grill. Everybody loved them."
"It took a lot longer for the peppers to get soft for me - more like 25 - 30 minutes at 375f. Unfortunately, the peppers were not hot enough for me. Next time I'll make from my garden since they are ready to pick now! I think I will double up on the herbs as well."
"I've made this recipe a couple of times--so good. One change is I used mini peppers instead of jalapeno. The colored ones makes a pretty dish."