Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
These cheese-stuffed jalapenos are always popular when my husband and I host a tapas (appetizers) party. There’s a flavor explosion in each crisp and tender pepper. —Mary Potter, Sterling Heights, MI
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a lengthwise slit down each pepper, leaving the stem intact; remove membranes and seeds. Fill each pepper with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place peppers in a disposable foil pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
1 stuffed pepper equals 66 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC