Get ready to experience another side of stone fruits. Hot off the grill, this late-summer dessert practically melts in your mouth. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Featured In: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled and halved
- 2 medium plums, peeled and halved
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill peaches, nectarines and plums, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Slice fruits; arrange on a serving plate. Drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Stone Fruits with Balsamic Syrup in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014