Midweek days deserve something special. This steak entree with its savory sauce will fit the bill beautifully. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut steak into four pieces; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by about half. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steaks with Mushroom Sauce in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p12
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review